Are you wondering how you’re going to pay for pregnancy services? With the initial stress that comes with an unplanned pregnancy, financial strain can seem overwhelming. Take the time you need to consider all your pregnancy options. Know you have options and there is financial help available. If you are considering the abortion pill, here is more to know about how Medicaid works in Nebraska and the costs of the abortion pill. You are not alone.
What Is Medicaid?
Medicaid is a government-sponsored healthcare provider covering millions of Americans today. It specifically targets low-income families and pregnant women unable to pay for medical insurance during their pregnancy.
You can determine your eligibility for Medicaid as it differs in each state and there are federal requirements for each. Some states are also required to include specific individuals in their Medicaid plan.
Will Medicaid Pay for an Abortion Procedure in Nebraska?
Abortion procedures are not cheap and can cost anywhere from $500 to $5,000, depending on the specific procedure and if any complications arise that require further surgeries or medical treatment.
Medicaid covers abortion in Nebraska ONLY in certain cases of life endangerment, unless individuals purchase an optional rider at an additional cost. Here are some other Medicaid abortion coverage facts for Nebraska:
- Health plans offered in the state’s health exchange under the Affordable Care Act can only cover abortion in cases of life endangerment.
- Abortion is covered in insurance policies for public employees only in cases of life endangerment unless individuals purchase an optional rider at an additional cost.
- The use of telemedicine to administer medication abortion is prohibited.
Know the Risks
Possible risks of medication abortion include:
- Incomplete abortion (may need to be followed by surgical abortion)
- Heavy and prolonged bleeding
- Digestive system discomfort
Get Free Pregnancy Services
Receive no-cost and confidential pregnancy services at Assure Women’s Center! It’s vital to confirm your pregnancy before continuing with a pregnancy decision. A lab-quality pregnancy test and ultrasound confirm if you have a viable pregnancy and informs you of key pregnancy details. It can alarm you about any pregnancy complications and help you move forward with confidence.
When you make an appointment with us, our medical team can provide you the information you need and answer any questions you might have. Schedule a free appointment with us today.